Value and experience
What do you get when you join the Robert Lang Academy?
Studio & Software
- Hands-on experience in an active, professional sound recording studio
- One-on-one mentorship and lessons in Pro Tools
- Customized learning objectives and frequent “check ins” and evaluations to ensure progress towards goals that are set by student when enrolled are achieved
- Training to attain the skill-set required to multitrack, overdub, edit and mix live performances and electronic music
- Training to attain the skill-set required to multitrack, overdub, edit and mix on analog and digital audio systems
- Robert Lang Academy Student Rate for ProTools discount of 50% off software purchase (and free ProTools software upgrades while supplies lasts.
Miking & Acoustics
- An understanding of the basics of acoustics and several hundreds of hours of independent study time to experiment with the acoustics in the highly-sought after rooms in the studio
- A professional understanding of studio etiquette
- Deep understanding of the power of music in the gaming industry
- The opportunity to be an Engineer and Producer of your own professional session from start to finish. Students receive five days of studio time where the student can bring in a client for their first professional gig. Students keeps all revenue from the client event. This is not only a great way to earn back tuition, but also an opportunity to run a professional gig with the support of technical experts just a touch away in case technical problems arise.
BPro Tools training and minimum certification up to the 110 level, with the option to become certified to the 400 level. 50% off the original price of AVID software.
membership includes free access to prestigious local, national and international events and conferences. See more benefits.
Audio Engineering Society (AES) Student Membership where students can participate in the AES Robert Lang Academy Student Chapter as a committee member, and as well as submit to serve on the Executive Committee of the Chapter.